What is Homeopathy
HOMEOPATHY- THE MEDICINE OF GENTLE HEALING
We are living in one of the most exciting periods of human history; every aspect of human life is undergoing change- science ecology economics music etc. such change even extends to the field of medicine.
In recent years a profound revolution in thinking about health and disease has emerged. beginning with a thoughtful and well-informed public seeking more effective means of dealing with chronic diseases i.e holistic approach of treatment, the way to cure illness is to improve the health of the patient.
In this context large number of people has turned to highly sophisticated science of homoeopathy.
it is the most effective natural medicine against acute and chronic illnesses existing today.
homoeopathy is a systematic science which correctly applies the laws of nature to stimulate the healing energies of human being.
Homoeopathy is truly curative and non-toxic in nature. the dose of drug in homoeopathy is so minute that chemical analysis doesn’t reveal any trace of drug in homoeopathic higher potencies, but the advancement in physics have shown us what a vast amount of energy within the indefinitely minute atom is there to be used.
The harmless dose, its curative effects, its power of aborting disease in early stages and systematically dealing with deep seated chronic diseases has made homoeopathy a preferred mode of treatment.
For an allopath the patient is ill if only if his doctor can see it in laboratory tests; but to a homoeopath a patient is ill if he feels ill, so that disease can be cured in the beginning and further advancement of the disease can be stopped before any pathological changes take place.
but there are certain myths about homoeopathy which sometimes stops one person to choose it….
Homeopathy first increases the disease and then decreases it. but this is not the case with every patient the symptoms increase sometimes because the physician asks you to stop the other palliative medicines on which you were dependent for long. so symptoms increase because of the withdrawal effect of those drugs.
Homeopathy is slow acting. mostly the cases which come to a homoeopath are that of long lasting chronic illnesses, which will naturally take time to be relieved by any system of medicine. secondly the time taken in relieving the patient is actually spent in spotting the correct remedy, once it is found the results are quick.
But all this can be appreciated by the person who has suffered and has been himself benefit by the homoeopathic medicine. homeopathy is also known to be useful many times where the highest developed modern sciences fail. so, by all this we can expect that there will be an increase in the number of patients opting for homoeopathy … and more and more people will be benefit by this science of healing.
DIRECTIONS FOR DESCRIBING YOUR DISEASE
Do you want to get a permanent & complete relief from your disease?
It is possible by homeopathy. For this, you should make the doctor feel & understand about your disease and you should provide all the information to the doctor as is required. If at all the patient gives all the information about his disease correctly & without any hesitation to the doctor then it doesn’t take much time to be cured, so please do not hesitate in providing complete & correct information.
Always remember that the doctor is only a medium between the patient & the medicine. We do assure you that all the information provided to us about your disease & problem, are kept confidential & limited to us.
For Homeopathic Treatment, it is required that the details of your problems should be correct, clear & complete. For example:- It is not sufficient for a homeopathic physician to know just this much that you are having headache, cough, cold or fever etc. rather the patient should quote his problems by telling the homeopathic physician that “There is a shooting pain in my head on the left side which always starts even if there is a slight exposure to cold & it reduces on lying, by tying the head tightly & by having hot substances whereas the pain aggravates on getting up or during locomotion.”
In other words the patient, while explaining the problems /disease to the doctor, one should keep the following points in consideration:
- What all does the patient feel while in problem?
- When & how the problem increases?
- When & how do you feel comfortable? (Excluding on taking medicine)
- What does the patient desire to do during the problem?
Hence, you should facilitate the information of the disease to your doctor in the above mentioned manner. This type of detail is necessary in homeopathy in order to give permanent cure in less time.
The patients should try to give the details of their problems in the following manner:-
- Pain: Pain can be of many types. You should explain that what type of pain is there or how do you feel at the place of the pain. For example stinging pain, pinching pain, stabbing pain, twinge, wincing pain or irritation etc. Depict it in your own words that what type of pain it is & how do you feel during the pain.
- Sensation: While describing any sensation, try to depict correctly in your own words whatsoever it is that you feel, such as thorns pricking in throat, stopper in ear or as if something is crawling in some portion of the body etc.
In order to describe pains & sensations correctly all the following points should be taken into consideration:
- Site/Location: While describing any pain or sensation indicate the correct place of the pain or the sensation such as toe fingers, heel, thigh, left or right side etc. Whether this pain or sensation stays at the same place or it changes the place? If it changes the place then you should detail “How?” & “From where to which point?”.
- Intensity: What is the intensity of pain? Such as “Slight/Low”, “Acute/Medium” or “Shooting/High”.
- Duration: For how much time does the pain or the problem exist? After how much duration does it reoccur?
How does it start? As per your knowledge “Why does it start? i.e Reason of starting of the pain”.
How do you feel comfortable or get relief during the pain?
How does it stop: “Suddenly” or “Gradually”?
- When & How do you get relief in your problem ? OR When & How does the problem aggravates ?
According to time such as in morning, noon, evening or any particular time.
According to posture such as on sitting, lying, lying on your back, lying on your side or standing etc.
- Discharge: While describing any type of discharge (viz. Pus, Cough, White discharge etc.) from different parts of the body such as eyes, nose, ear, throat, mouth, genitals, lungs etcetera keep the following points into consideration:
- Quantity of discharge.
- Due to what reason does it aggravates or subsides.
- is its type viz. thin, thick, viscid, knaggy, albuminous or watery.
- What is its color& smell?
- Does it leave any effect (viz. acrid, corroding, itching or irritation) on the place where it sticks?
Does it leave any effect (viz. acrid, corroding, itching or irritation) on the place where it sticks?
In future, whenever you consult your doctor, do take account of the following points about your symptoms:
- Is there a change in your symptoms after starting the medicine?
- Please state the symptoms that have completely ended.
- Are there any new symptoms?
- After starting the treatment what is the state of your health as compared to earlier?
It will be all the more beneficial if you pen down your symptoms before consulting your doctor.
It is absolutely baseless to state that it takes time to get cured if homeopathic treatment is taken & you may have to limit or avoid certain food habits. If you wash out your mouth with clean water before taking medicine then it is not necessary to avoid or limit any of your food habits & it is also not necessary to avoid having anything 30 minutes prior or after taking the medicines.